Friday, September 21, 2012

We All Fall Down

A couple of posts back I had written about my disbelief in 'the grand design'.
But, with the occurences of the past 2-3 weeks, I am doubtful. I think there is a grand design after all for me. And the purpose is to screw me.

Just a week into my new organization, my kid got ill. She had a fever which took around 12 days to subside.
During this time, I missed adding her to my company's medical cover. I will have to wait for the next window. Meanwhile, she has no medical cover.
About a week into my daughter's illness, my mother went to the garden to fetch some herbs(known to alleviate chest congestion). She slipped on moss and got a deep cut on her elbow. Sticking to our family belief that things always get better on their own, she decided to let the bruise rest. It turned septic 2-3 days later. She had to get the wound dressed by a doctor and had to undergo the painful process of pus extraction with a syringe. A stitch(or two) in time could have saved her all this pain and prolonged suffering.

The day before yesterday, I was informed that my earlier organization was not cooperating with my Background Verification. As a result, I had to submit my bank statements and provide an authorization for verification by my bank. It was hell arranging for the documents in a very short time. The same day, as I was going out during lunchtime to run a few errands, I fell headlong near the company back gate on hard concrete. I twisted one ankle and bruised the other knee badly. I got the wound dressed professionally yesterday on mother's insistence. You see, she wanted to spare me her ordeal.
The doctor has given me two meds. Today I looked them up on the Internet. None of them are apparently suited for lactating mothers. And now I am a mess. I do not want to take any chances with my kid. On the other hand, I can't stop the antibiotic midway for fear of making my daughter resistant to that particular drug. I have decided to stop the NSAID with immediate effect. For the uninitiated, NSAIDs are Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs. I had them by the bucket when I fractured my spine during my stay in San Jose, Calif.

1 comment:

  1. Hehe.. nice few weeks :-)
    Don't worry, you will get up, and soon.

    ReplyDelete