Thursday, August 9, 2012

Dead End

Sometimes, I feel a strange anger and helplessness.

I need to know if the property deed I have with me is the original. If what I have is the original, then where is the certified copy? Where to procure it from?
The only person who could answer will be silent forever.

I distinctly remember my husband mentioning that the car warranty had to be renewed.
When my father spoke to the dealers, they said that could not be done.
How to verify? No way.....

The credit card bank keeps calling me asking me to pay his dues though I have already cleared out the dues and surrendered the card to the bank atleast 8 months back.

The life insurance company is yet to pay the sum assured on one of his policies, let alone the accident benefit.

The widow is perceived as vulnerable by the society in general. And though I am very nearly or even more of a man than my husband ever was, I sometimes crack under the combined pressure.


4 comments:

  1. Unique test-cases are designed for strong souls in this world. You are a strong soul, so brave, and I salute your indomitable courage!

    Moreover, your enthusiasm, and a genuine get-up of your personality are as attractive. May be that's your defense system, but they are purely natural...and are sure to be your radar for tough times & for all sweet times as well. Keep writing please. Such genuine writings are rare, and a gift.

    pleas give us the opportunity to nurture it together. You, me, and your world of readers & admirers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the support and encouragement GLAD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. About the property deed... Hope this is resolved already. If not --

    1. If the front page is an original stamp paper of 5000/- or above, i'll be 99% sure its the original copy

    2. If the front page is a xerox of stamp paper, or a cheap stamp paper, example 10/-, it's the certified copy

    3. Any other scenario except above two: talk to a lawyer

    4. If you need a certified copy, you can obtain it from a court (ex: alipore judge-court), or talk to a lawyer. Cost: 1500/- to 2000/-. Any more & you are being ripped off.

    If you wanna talk to a lawyer who deals in such cases, you may consider my lawyer. Note: he's a lawyer, so he procrastinates a lot :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, NJ......thanks for the great suggestions! Will check up on the stamp paper thingie today itself.

    ReplyDelete