There is too much of Amitabh Bachchan everywhere. TV, movies, social networking sites.....
There was an interview with him and Anupama Chopra on Star World yesterday. He is a very articulate man. And so, I was drawn into it. He was outlining his philosophy on life. Something his learned father passed on to him.
If something happens then good. If it does not, even better.
My personal philosophy is somewhat similar.
However, when Mr. Bachchan started to elaborate, I stopped identifying.
He explained: 'If something happens then good. If it does not, even better. Because in that case, what happens is what the Almighty has in store for you. And that is always best for you.'
The interviewer asked him 'So you believe in the grand design?' to which he replied in the affirmative.
I am always oscillating between being an athiest and an agnostic.
Naturally, I believe there is no such thing as a grand design.
That Earth as a planet is habitable is an accident. That there is life here is an accident. Everything that happens in life - whether good or bad is an accident. Everything is random.
Same pinch, fellow atheist! :-)
ReplyDeleteI prefer agnostic. Due to social pre-conditioning, hatred at times replaces disbelief.
ReplyDeleteOhh i don't hate believers, its just that strong words are sometimes needed to wake up people who're pretending to sleep :-)
ReplyDelete