Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Want something badly?

Remember the cheesy catchline of 'Om Shanti Om'? Same as 'The Alchemist' by Paulo Coelho.
This was under discussion on Power FM the other day.

If you want something very badly, the whole universe conspires to give it to you.

A boatload of crap if you ask me. Not because it didn't work out for me (It was more of what I did not want that happened to me).
It is a rosy thought as long as things pan out like clockwork. But does it ever? In reality? For anyone?

My philosophy in life: You want something badly? Go get it.
Couldn't get it? Move over. Try to achieve something new.
And never look back.

I know I sometimes lapse on the 'never looking back' part. But I am constantly trying to discipline my mind to concentrate on only the present.
The work at hand.
The bills to be paid.
The chores to be done.
The fun to be had.

1 comment:

  1. Fixed--

    The beer at hand.
    The tips to be paid.
    The cheers to be done.
    The fun to be had.

    ReplyDelete