Monday, September 6, 2010

My Sari Haul

Last Monday, I wen't berserk and bought 3 South Cotton saris from Khadi Gramodyog.
There was a green one with a broad mustard border, a wine-red checked one with a moss green border and a bright yellow(yes, even I cannot believe that I actually bought yellow) one with blue and green border.
The Sunday before, I had picked up a snuff coloured South Cotton with golden paisleys on top of the thin moss green and mustard border from Sriniketan - Hiland Park.

Add to this the rust 'kalamkari' Kanishka tussar, the mustard golden cotton from Gurjari, the red dhakai from Tantuja and the wine and blue tussar from Mrignayani and my Puja sari kitty is full. Sadly, I have spied a 'Taanter Haat' Bengal Handloom Mela while coming to office. So, as much as I know that I must stop this compulsive sari buying, destiny seems to have other plans for me.

This Saturday, I placed an order for two custom petticoats so that I can start wearing the saris that I have been buying for the past three months.

3 comments:

  1. I nearly forgot! There is the dull orange cotton Gadwal from Benarasi Kuthi and the parrot green silk from Nalli too. Both of these were gifts. That brings the total count to 10. Yay! One sari for each 'bela' of the 5 days of Puja :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. korechho ki he !!!! i cant wait to see the sarees .....please please chhobi dekhao at least !!! the wine and blue tussar appealed me the most , followed by the dhakai ( dhakai is my official soft corner ...you can bribe me with a dhakai to do anything :D) Yellow ..hmm...interesting :D !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will try to upload some of the sari pics as soon as I can AND if I remember to do so. I have planned to wear this red dhakai the Bengali way. So, ami 'false/falls'(correct spelling jaani na :)) lagai ni!

    ReplyDelete