Thursday, September 23, 2010

Mystery

I needed a loofah desperately to use with my tuberose scented shower gel.
To the uninitiated, the loofah is the plastic cousin of the 'chobra' which moms and grandmoms used as a scrubber. When the loofah trend started, they could be procured at 5 rupees apiece. Since then, their price has crept up and is currently 30 rupees (in Big Bazaar). I resisted buying the outrageouly priced plastic ball of fluff from any major departmental store for weeks on end. Yesterday, at Spencers, a sales-lady happened to mention that a loofah was being given free with a branded shower gel. The mystery starts from here.
Even before I could decide whether to buy the redundant shower gel (for the very commonplace yet irritatingly convenient loofah), hubby had pounced upon the shower gel and bagged it! Now, this from a man who refuses to use soap (and is proud of it) was really shocking. He said that he would be using the shower gel. I let it go at that. I assumed that he had committed himself to the shower gel in a momentary burst of weirdness. But I was wrong. This morning the man threw my hapless loofah on the sofa and carried the green coloured bottle to his bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment