Sunday, September 26, 2010

Shopping Overdrive











There is a change in the air with the Durga Puja approaching. The heart (and the pocket) starts feeling lighter. Bongs feel particularly benign at this time of the year. All the miseries, failures and dissapointments are stashed away till after the Pujas.

I procured the Sananda Pujo yesterday. I skipped the pages impatiently till I reached what I was looking for - a portfolio of tussar sarees by Ananda. I immediately loved the third one. Called up the boutique. No one answered. We decided to laze away the afternoon. Then, I decided to try another time. If this call went unanswered, I would not purchase the saree. But, this time there was an answer! And guess what? The price was the summation of all my Puja gifts(ma-in-law 2k, ma 1k, baba 2.5k). What's more was that the saree was still in the store!! For all the guys reading my blog(assuming the womenfolk already know about the institution called Ananda), Ananda has only one piece of each saree.
Within an hour, my coveted saree was mine. And hubby gifted me a white georgette for the Puja.
I was so excited that I could not sleep last night and read a magazine till 2 AM!

3 comments:

  1. :-) its nice to meet a saree-mad software engineer ..congratz for the exclusive saree - a more detailed information awaited :-) a demo would be better :D
    so, in total how many sarees have you bought for this Puja ? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmm....let me count - I bought 10 sarees myself - not so much for the pujas - more because I fell in love with the sarees :)
    Add to this, the 3 sarees that were gifted to me - that brings the count to 13!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok ...so lucky you :-)
    I love the saree speically the round patterns in the border ..alternatively green and brown(well kinda brown I see) ... its very hep ..good good.. :-)

    ReplyDelete