Thursday, August 5, 2010

Clutter

I was swept by a wave of nostalgia as I looked on at the overflowing racks of my bathroom.
The excess of toiletries was somehow bothering me.
And then it struck me. It was all due to my father. He is a man who likes keeping things simple.
He keeps his daily use items to a minimum. He must have passed on some of his genes to me after all.
It was this trying to pare down the basic necessities that was gnawing my insides.

I decided to gift away the 'alta-sindur' combo - a relic of my three year old marriage to Lokkhi boudi who visits our house every fortnight to lend Kamal di a helping hand.
I planned to do away with the overactive moneyplant in a dirty wine bottle. I will deploy the two decorative mini lanterns to the showcase in our bedroom. The hideous orange plant fake bonsai needs to go too. Dustbin maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment