Thursday, August 12, 2010

Photos Banned

One good thing I liked about 'Aisha' was that there was no mention of her mother in the movie sentimentally. In the beginning, Aisha does say that Chitra Masi had taken care of them after their mother passed away.

This is so true to life. My close friends who had close relatives pass away stayed away from any discussion which involved the deceased person(s). It is hard enough to ignore the vacuum created by the missing person. When time does lessen the sharpness of the pain and puts a fuzzy curtain over the then-happy-now-painful memories, the most one can do is to avoid talking about the lost one.

One of my close friends had her older sister and mother pass away in quick succession. She refused to hang any photographs of either her sister or mother. She removed most of their pictures from their family album too.

I believe that when I am dealing with the pain, I have the liberty to choose the means.

No comments:

Post a Comment